Push yourself with our Wednesday AMRAP workout. Calisthenics-based total body circuit that will burn calories and fat and improve your muscular strength and endurance.
For those not familiar with the term AMRAP is the acronym for As Many Rounds/Reps As Possible. These type of workouts can range in time limits from 10 to 30 minutes and usually include several exercises.
How an AMRAP circuit works:-
- You have a limited number of exercises to be undertaken continuously within a specific time frame (for example 20 minutes).
- Basically, work your way down the list of exercises.
- Perform the required number of reps for each exercise before moving onto the next.
- Once you have come to the end of the list, return to the beginning and start again.
- Continue until the determined time is up.
- With each particular bodyweight exercise, a separate body part is targetted. This gives the body part you just exercised its ‘rest’ if you will!
- Try to continue to the end, with no or little breaks!
These particular circuits below are 20-30 minutes in length (dependent on your available time!) They are HIIT workouts designed to target muscular endurance, flexibility, core strength and cardio. Furthermore, they will target the majority of the muscle groups in your body, providing you with a full body workout!
Day off? More time on your hands? No excuses, try one of our Super Soldier Workouts!
Choose a workout from below, make your choice 20 minutes or 30 minutes (for advanced), set the timer and get after it!
- Staggered Pushups x10 reps.
- V-ups x12 reps.
- Suicide planks x45 seconds.
- Burpees x10 reps.
- Mountain climbers x40 reps.
- Triceps dips (bench or parallel bar) x15 reps.
- Lunges x20 reps (10 lunges each leg).
- Pike shoulder push-ups x12 reps.
- Crocodile walks x25yds.
- Inverted back rows. x15 reps.
- Pull-ups x8 reps.
- Incline push-ups. x10 reps. Decline push-ups. x10 reps.
- One-legged burpee. x10 reps.
- Oblique mountain climbers. x30 reps.
- Inchworms. x5 reps.
- Hollow Rocks. x10 reps.
- In and outs. x15 reps.
- Ankle touchers x20 reps.
- Wall handstands x30 seconds.
- Prisoner squats. x10 reps.
- Side lunges. x10 reps.
- Chin-ups. x 8 reps.
Complete all the prescribed exercises with no or little rest. Once your timer alarm goes off, you are done! Good work!!